Monday, April 2, 2012

Sister Davis's Post for the Week

(Me and Sister Hara from Japan. I don't even know what to say about her. She's wonderful!)

Hey Friends and Family!

It has been a wonderful week here in the CLAM. How could I say anything less after such an uplifting general conference? We were able to watch most of it and I am looking forward to reading the talks that we missed. I didn't see David Archuleta, but I did see a few people that I met in the MTC (can't believe they're still there) and my friend Howard from school. Exciting stuff! Something that really impressed me this time around was the resounding topic of personal responsibility and change. It's something that I have thought a lot about since coming on a mission and I wonder where to start. What is it exactly that I want to change about myself and how in the world am I going to make it happen? I have really come to love studying. It's exciting to be learning so much more about my Savior and have a deeper understanding of what my purpose is. I feel like I make realizations on a daily basis that change my perspective on life which is great, but can also be overwhelming. The more I learn the more I see things about myself that need to be improved and the more responsibility I feel. Sometimes in those moments when I realize what is expected of me I think that there is no way... Maybe sister so-and-so can can accomplish that, but I just don't have what it takes. It's true. I don't have what it takes, at least not by myself. But through Christ all things are possible if we will have faith in Him. I have countless goals for myself and goals are always a good thing, but my companion is helping me understand that I'm probably not going to accomplish all of them by tomorrow or even next week. It's easy to set goals, but if there isn't some kind of plan of action for each one then they each receive a fleeting thought every now and again and never actually get accomplished. I picked one thing that I want to work on and actually sat down and wrote down exactly how I was going to accomplish it through thoughts, words, and deeds. My companion looked it over, made a couple of suggestions and here we are. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that I actually have a plan. Maybe for all of you this is just common sense, but for me it was a revelation. Things are going well in our area. We have a couple of less active people that I'm really excited about working with. I didn't realize that there were so many members of the church that don't actually have testimonies! It has made me understand how incredibly important it is to always be an example and serve others. It's as important in Rexburg as it is in Malibu. Fellowshipping less active members is so important because they have already made that covenant and whether or not they understand it completely it's binding. I'm out of time, but I love you all and I know that there is a powerful spirit that will enrich your lives as you study the word of God, grow closer to Him and His Son, and set meaningful goals to become more like them. Hurrah for Israel!


Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment