Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! Sister Davis CLAM e-mail 3

Family and Friends,

I hope everyone had a good St. Patricks day! It was definitely not a holiday I was expecting any kind of package for, so I was surprised to get a very festive one form Kevin and Dee's family that was mostly edible :) Muchos Gracias! I really don't have a lot to update you on this week since we just had temple p-day on wednesday, but things are going well here in the CLAM. The majority of our tours have been in Spanish it would seem and so far I can introduce myself and bear half a testimony. Most of the time I just stand there and smile, but although I can't really tell what my companion is teaching apart from an occasional word or two, I can tell that she is a very powerful teacher in her first language. It's a bit of a trade off because I have to do a lot of the talking when we're in our area which kind of freaks me out sometimes, but I think most trainers are supposed to make us newbies learn from experience that way regardless. We had some appointments fall through this week which was disappointing for me, but we are confident that the Lord is preparing people. Even in Malibu! It has been a different experience than I was expecting proselyting there. The cameras and intercom systems can be a little intimidating... Face to face contact is preferred. We are trying to get the members excited about missionary work because I'm sure it will be the most effective way to connect with people in the area. Hopefully as they get to know us they will be more willing to allow us to help them share the gospel with their friends and neighbors. I think the ward is excited to have sisters. I guess they haven't had any in 6 or 7 years. The Bishop and RS president think that we will be able to get into the homes of a lot of the less active/part member families easier than the elders because the majority of them are women. I hope that proves to be true. Hopefully I'll have more to share with you all next week but for now, "Come what may and love it."

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment