Monday, March 11, 2013

This Week from the CLAM

Sister Jones' halfway mark!


March of the Mustaches - Zone goal
 Friends and Family,

It's been an interesting week, but good! I've been doing some adjusting even though nothing really changed because I was 100% anticipating and preparing for a change. Sister Jones said it best, "You just stay places chick." True. It will be interesting to see if I end up serving in only two areas and one zone my entire mission. We'll see! 

Things are still going well with all our investigators although there is not much to report because most are at a bit of a standstill simply due to circumstance. Crystal is in the hospital about to deliver a baby, Tristen seems to be developing some real intent, and Amir is doing great, but we don't exactly have permission to baptize him... However he is keeping his commitments and whenever we meet he talks about how what he learns answers so many questions he has always had. I think a lot of people would find that if they would give it a chance.

The Visitors' Center has been relatively slow as of late because the temple is closed for cleaning. However, we were able to help with the cleaning which is always a treat and have taken some good tours. One that sticks out in particular is a tour that we took with the ASL elders and their investigator. It was just cool to teach and have them interpret. Emilio is 13 and just starting the lessons, but mentioned that he had already felt the spirit and said after the Joseph Smith film that he believed it must be true. His friend Naomi came along as well. She is a recent convert and is the one that introduced him to the church and the missionaries. The elders told us about her experience and I was floored. It's too good not to share. When she was investigating she wasn't really reading from the Book of Mormon or keeping commitments. This went on for weeks and the missionaries were stumped. They just didn't know how to help her. Then one day they went to teach her and she told them that she had read. She had read because of a dream she'd had. In the dream she saw Jesus Christ. He was signing to her and she asked him how he knew sign language. He replied that he knew every language because he had created everyone and everything. He then asked her to be a good girl and read from the Book of Mormon. She said she would and woke up. Is that awesome or what?! I was so grateful that we were assigned to their tour. Wow. The church is true! 

I think that's all of my updates although I do have an update to share. I think I'll just give you the whole study journal entry.

"Ether 12 hit me with particular force today. It's a common scripture that is shared often and has always brought me comfort, but I saw it differently this time. It applied to me in a different way and I noticed some things about the way 2 verses in particular are phrased. Vs 12- 'If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.' The IF jumped off the page. It makes me think that all these weaknesses I'm seeing and feeling, although they may seem like regressions, are actually indications that I am coming unto Christ. Now, that doesn't make the refiner's fire any easier, but it does make me feel more confident. More confident that I am on the right path. I have SO many weaknesses that at times I feel overwhelmed and even a little hopeless. Have I ever considered that perhaps seeing those weaknesses is a blessing? That I wouldn't be seeing them unless I was ready to grow and become stronger?  'For IF they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, THEN will I make things become strong unto them.' "

Out of time again, but here is some good news! The e-mail policy for missionaries worldwide has changed and we can now correspond with friends. SO excited! :)


E-mail me!

I love you all! 

Until next week,

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment